||[Jun. 7th, 2011|03:18 pm]
I made a mix, I'm rather pleased with it.
1. Devendra Banhart: This Is The Way
(well we've known we've known / we've had a choice / we chose rejoice)
2. Wilco: I'm Always In Love
(Why, I wonder, is my heart full of holes / And the feeling goes but my hair keeps growing)
3. Art Lord & The Self Portraits: Lantern Sigh
(my heart still beats / honestly)
4. The Flaming Lips: Are You A Hypnotist??
(I had forgiven you for tricking me again / But I have been tricked again / Into forgiving you)
5. Washed Out: Feel It All Around
(You feel it all around yourself / You know it's yours and no one else)
6. The Magnetic Fields: I Don't Want To Get Over You
(I could leave this agony behind / Which is just what I'd do / If I wanted to / But I don't want to get over you)
7. Islands: Jogging Gorgeous Summer
(Woke up next to you in your bed / Another day to do it all again)
8. Yoko Ono: Toyboat
(Waiting for a boat to help me out / The boat that reached my shore was a toyboat)
The Islands song is especially great. Toyboat was a little bit controversial but the charm of Yoko's voice in the song is just so charming.